Three-Cheese, Pepper & Watercress Roulade Recipe
From 19th – 25th May it is National Watercress week. The recipe below is a perfect watercress recipe that can be served as main course or a starter.
11:42 20 May 2013
For the Egg Roulade
2 Spring Onions, thinly sliced
½ Red Sweet Pepper, chopped finely
50gCheddar cheese or Gruyere, grated
4 Eggs, separate white from the yolk
Salt and pepper for taste
For the filling
100gSoft Goat’s Cheese
1x85g pack watercress, stems removed, washed and dried
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C, 350F.
- Line a Swiss roll tin using parchment or non stick baking paper. Set aside.
- Using a large mixing bowl, mix sliced spring onions, egg yolks, chopped peppers, milk, gruyere, salt, and pepper.
- Using a separate large mixing bowl, whisk the egg whites until stiff. Next, fold a third of the egg whites into the egg yolk mixture. Add the remaining egg whites and fold using knife or spatula.
- Put the mixture on the tin and bake for 20 minutes. Set.
- Remove from the tin and set to one side to cool.
- Using an electric whisk or wooden spoon, blend the cream cheese, goats cheese, and ground black pepper. Spread the mixture on top of the cold roulade.
- Scatter the watercress leaves on the cheese and roll it up from the long side.
- Serve at room temperature.
This recipe is from www.recipes4us.co.uk