Grilled Prawns with Chilli Watermelon Glaze
Thinking about cooking a light succulent main course for your friends and family members this summer? Then, try this recipe.
09:54 30 June 2013
450g deseeded and cubed Watermelon Flesh
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 Chillies - red (remove seeds and chop finely)
1 clove of garlic
1 tbsp lemongrass, finely chopped
2 tsp ginger
¼ cup of sugar
- Using a food processor, puree the watermelon.
- In a saucepan, sauté garlic, chili, ginger, and lemongrass for 2 minutes. Add the sugar until dissolved. Remove from the heat.
- Add the watermelon puree and stir.
- Place half of the mixture in a bowl. Add the prawns. Mix well and cover with clingfilm. You can either cook them right away or marinate them for up to 2 hours.
- Pop the prawns onto skewers and place them on a hot grill. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Serve with watermelon sauce on the side.
This recipe is from www.recipes4us.co.uk