18:16 19 July 2016
Summer is here and it is set to get hotter than expected. If it’s keeping you awake, below are some tips to get comfortable on these hot summer nights.
1. Freeze your beddings – Pop your sheets and pillows into bags and put them in a freezer ready for bedtime.
2. Choose cotton – Wear cotton pjyamas and use cotton bed linens that are lightweight and breathable.
3. Keep a cool bedroom – Open a window or get an electric fan for an added extra breeze.
4. Avoid eating and drinking alcohol close to bedtime.
5. Drink water – Stay hydrated by drinking water throughout the day. Also, have a glass of cold water ready by the bed to drink if and when needed.
6. Take a cool shower before going to bed to cool down.
7. Use earplugs to block summer noise.